CIS Sub-Contractors

Helping to get your returns submitted at an affordable fixed cost

accountant for cis workers

If you work in the Construction Industry and sub-contract under the CIS scheme you could have suffered tax deduction from your income at either 20% or 30%. You will have to file a self-assessment return with H.M. Revenue and Customs by the 31st January following the tax year-end, and any further tax and national insurance payments must also be made on this date. It is common for many workers under the CIS scheme to be entitled to refunds of overpaid tax. Your self-assessment return can be electronically sent as soon as you have all your documents ready after the tax year end (5th April).  H.M. Revenue and Customs issue automatic fines for late self-assessment returns, and subsequent fines and interest thereafter, even if your tax has been deducted through this scheme.

We can meet you, at your convenience to discuss your specific needs and offer an accountancy package to suit you. We believe that accountancy should be affordable, and will always quote a fixed price for the accountancy package we discuss, giving you peace of mind about the costs involved. After we have completed your work we will meet you and present it to you, fully discussing all the details involved in a manner that you can understand.

The service that we offer is a year round accountancy service. We pride ourselves in the communications we have with our clients, always making our clients aware of deadlines and any other matter particular to them individually. We will explain everything to you in a way that you can understand. We make ourselves readily available to all our clients for advice, when they need it, on all matters concerning them. Some of the accountancy services we can help you with are:

  • Completing your year-end accounts and self-assessment returns,
  • Initiating any repayments of overpaid tax,
  • Calculating any amount of tax and national insurance due,
  • Online filing of your Self-Assessment return,
  • Communicating with HM Revenue and Customs on your behalf,
  • Advise when you need it.

Whether you are new to the Construction Industry Scheme and self-employment, looking to switch accountants, or need to get up-to-date with overdue returns – we can help you. You can telephone us on 01535 640 354 or 07582 669 144, email the office at, or fill in the on-line form.


I believe that everyone has a responsibility to conduct their affairs ethically. I can provide you with the knowledge to help you ensure that you are claiming the allowances you are entitled to, and that you are paying the correct amount of tax or claiming the correct amount of refund.

increased profit

Increase Your Profitability

We will help you to claim the correct expenses and ensure your taxable profits are accurate.  We can also help your to analyse your overheads so that you know what profit margins need to be made to increase your profitability.

Don't Get Stressed About It!

There is no need for tax to be taxing.  We can help you meet your deadlines in a timely fashion and communicate with HM Revenue and Customs on your behalf should the need arise.

Close Menu